“I have been a trial attorney for over 30 years. I have represented individuals, small companies and large companies. I have been a prosecutor, a criminal defense attorney, a civil defense attorney and a plaintiff’s attorney. I am a trial attorney.
Growing up in Baltimore City, I played a lot of basketball and baseball. I learned early on that practice, practice, practice was the key to success and to winning. I hated losing, just hated it. Those experiences shaped me and became part of my inner makeup- my DNA.
Those experiences, I believe, are why I became a trial attorney, and they shaped how I practice law. The key to success in litigation and at trial is preparation, preparation, preparation. Preparation leads to confidence which leads to success and winning.
Every client is important. Every case is important. Hard work, creativity and the will to win is what we provide to each and every client that we represent. We understand that it is a privilege to be your lawyers, and we take that privilege very seriously.”
After passing the Maryland Bar, Joe Chazen became an Assistant State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County. Joe was a prosecutor between 1983 and 1988 and became a Senior Trial Attorney prosecuting murders, rapes and robberies in the County. After leaving the prosecutor’s office, Joe spent one year as a Trial Attorney for the Office of Law representing Prince George’s County in civil litigation matters.
In 1989, Joe joined MRR and in 1992 was named a Partner at the firm. For approximately 20 years, Joe has been the Chair of MRR’s Litigation Department. Joe’s practice includes business litigation, medical malpractice, civil rights litigation, serious personal injury cases, and criminal matters. Joe’s practice is unique in that he continues to represent both plaintiffs and defendants in civil disputes.
Joe is currently the Managing Principal at MRR and continues to serve on MRR’s Executive Committee and Chair the firm’s Litigation Department. Joe also serves as a Trustee of the Client Protection Fund having been appointed to this position by Maryland’s highest court, The Court of Appeals.
Area of Practices
- Civil Litigation and Trial Work in areas of Medical Malpractice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Litigation, DWI, and Traffic Law
- Maryland, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1985
- University of Maryland (B.A., 1977)
- University of Baltimore (J.D., 1982)
- President, Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer, Meyers, Rodbell & Rosenbaum, P.A. (2015)
- Trustee of the Fund for Client Protection of the Maryland Bar, appointed by the Court of Appeals of Maryland (2015)
- Former Senior Trial Attorney for The State's Attorneys Office for Prince George's County
- Former Associate County Attorney for Prince George's County
- Member: Maryland State, American, Prince George's County and Montgomery County Bar Associations
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Maryland Society for Healthcare Risk Management (MSHRM)
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Inc.